The journal was set up in 2000
Certificate of registration PI № FS77-48743 of February 28, 2012
EDITORIAL POLICY AND ETHICS OF THE JOURNAL
The purpose of the journal is to expand the possibilities for publishing, discussing and evaluating the scientific ideas put forward in the field of the humanities and education with the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign professional communities.
Tasks of the journal:
– publication of scientific research results on the most relevant and debatable problems of the modern humanities and education;
– involvement in the journal of well-known domestic and foreign authors for the exchange of opinions between researchers and the expansion of scientific and cultural partnerships;
– improving culture and quality of peer reviewing by inviting the authoritative Russian and foreign experts to cooperate;
– providing full-text access to scientific articles, increasing the accessibility and openness of the journal in Russia and abroad;
– inclusion into international databases;
– increasing the impact factor of the journal.
In its activity the journal's editorial board is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, impartiality, professionalism, information support of the most significant humanitarian, educational and innovative researches, and compliance with the norms of publishing ethics.
The scientific direction of the journal on the branches of science:
07.00.00 – Historical sciences and Archeology;
09.00.00 – Philosophical sciences;
19.00.00 – Psychological sciences.
Peer reviewing policy
In order to ensure the quality of publishing materials and the observance of copyrights, all incoming articles are checked through the system «Anti-plagiarism» and only after that they are sent for peer reviewing. The permissible volume of citations (correct borrowing) is no more than 25% of the total volume of the article. Reviews and other articles, for objective reasons requiring more citations, are reviewed by the editorial board on an individual basis.
Reviewing of articles is carried out by members of the editorial board and editorial council, as well as by invited reviewers – the leading experts in the relevant field of knowledge in Russia and other countries (double-blind). All reviewers are recognized experts in the subject matter of peer-reviewed materials and have had publications on the subject of a reviewing article during the last 3 years. The decision to select an expert to review the article is made by the chief editor. The review period is 4 weeks, but at the request of a reviewer it can be extended.
Based on the results of the examination of a manuscript, a reviewer gives a reasoned conclusion about the possibility or impossibility of publishing an article. Reviews are kept in the editorial office for 5 years. The editors of the journal send copies of the reviews or motivated refusals to the author(s) of the submitted materials, and also undertake to send copies of the reviews to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation upon admission to the editorial office of the corresponding request.
The editorial board is not responsible for the accuracy of the factual materials cited in the authors' articles and the correctness of quoting.
The editors reserve the right to make editorial changes to incoming materials, to reduce them, to reject thematically inappropriate or inadequately drawn up manuscripts, while strictly following the rules of editorial ethics.
Manuscripts rejected by the editorial board are not reviewed or returned.
The fee for the review of articles is not charged.
The opinion of editorial staff may not coincide with the publishing author.
Reprinting of materials published in the journal is not permitted without the written permission of the editorial staff.
Open Access Policy
Based on the fundamental principle proclaiming the freedom of information exchange, the journal's articles are placed in the public domain on the site of the Scientific Electronic Library eLIBRARY.RU (http://elibrary.ru), with the aim of expanding the communication field and increasing knowledge, as well as the development of dialogue and exchange of opinions among representatives of the scientific community and expansion of the sphere of civil society.
The journal is indexed in the systems:
– Russian Science Citation Index is a bibliographic and abstract index, implemented as a database, which accumulates information about publications of Russian scientists in Russian and foreign scholarly publications.
– Ulrich's Periodicals Directory of American publisher Bowker is a freely available search engine that indexes the full text of scientific publications of all formats and disciplines.
Editorial policy of the journal
© Ogarev Mordovia State University. History and Sociology Institute, 2017
68, Of. 411, Bolshevistskaya St., 430005, The editorial office of the scholarly journal «Russian Journal of the Humanities»
Tel.: (8342) 24-25-90; 27-07-11, Fax: (8342) 24-25-90, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Designed by A. Napalkov, Email: email@example.com